Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

A Little More To Life

Saturday, April 19, 2008

SAHM

One of the mommy in forum summarised the happiness and woes of a SAHM so well...

"I think those who said SAHM "eng" hor, must be either without kids, or their kids very big liao and they forgot how tough it was to take care of them by themselves, or they have maids or MIL/mothers to help take care, or they have never taken care of bbs alone full time ....I have no help at all after my confinement, and only me and my hb in the US, so being a full time SAHM, and face Ethan 24/7, really very "bo eng" ....Ethan is high demanding kid as when I put him down, he will cry. My arms breaking liao ...he likes to be in sling, so sometimes I put him in sling and do cooking, do some housework, type email , and not forgetting still have many bottles to wash and sterilize ...I can hear my whole back "cracking" liao ..haaaa....actually I rather work than to stay at home taking care of kid full time, but when I see him grow each day, there is a sense of satisfaction because it's something that I get to witness first and Daddy second (I will tell my hb what Ethan does each day) ... like from grinning to smiling, and then to big laughing, from sucking his finger to sucking his toes ...from blowing small bubble to blowing big raspberries ...haaa....and these are the small little things that bbs do, and it's so heart-warming to see our bbs developing each day and learn new things and we get to witness them first hand, and each time when Ethan does new thing, I will quickly use camcorder to tape down the moment...I being SAHM also no choice, no help here mah ...having said that, I still hope to get back into work force soon and put Ethan in childcare when he is slightly older ... looking after kid is very taxing, and satisfiying too , I agree .... "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home