Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

A Little More To Life

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Confinement :-(

Confinement... is it really necessary?

I'm going green from this confinement thingy, this cannot that cannot. Cannot have daily shower, cannot shower with tap water but with black herbal water, cannot drink plain water, cannot on fan/aircon, must wear long pants, eat lots of ginger, dang gui, drink wine, drink bu yao jing and the list goes on... The worst is I'm breastfeeding and can't drink alcohol or eat dang gui, then will get chilled by both Mother & MIL for been kiasi... hai... I wonder is it really true that if I do/don't do all these I will suffer when I'm old? Abit fed up now, in fact, I think getting sufficient sleep/rest and eating healthy should be the key to full recovery and of course healthy habits for the rest of the life will ensure we are healthy when we are old mah. Don't think it is logical to associate all our future ailments to not doing a good confinement. Unfortunately, I'm sleep deprived and the confinement rule - no water, makes me dehydrated... red date drink is not thirst quenching.

Actually, I've already broken most of the confinement rules... ha! Seriously if I'm going to give birth a second time, I don't think I will observe confinement rules, but I might consider getting more help to take care of the housework ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home